Doesn’t that just sound prefect right now. Salida has just topped the 90 degree mark for the first time this month…. It has me thinking for fruity cold drinks and yummy refreshing food! None of that heavy, rich stuff, just light and beautiful. Which makes this the perfect time to introduce you to doTERRA’s Summer Splash Essential Oil Kit and share a couple of recipes using the oils.
These yummy oils will add flavor to all your summer dishes. Who can resist Tangerine and refreshing Spearmint, and Basil and Dill, oh my! My mouth is watering just thinking about adding these to some of my old favorites. Here are a couple new favorites that doTERRA is offering!
Basil Spearmint Lemonade
- 2 cups lemon juice (Juicing by hand is recommended)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups basil/mint syrup.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil OR 1-2 drops of doTERRA Basil Essential Oil
- 2-3 drops of Spearmint Oil
Combine all ingredients for syrup in saucepan & simmer over low heat till melted. Strain and discard herbs.
Combine syrup with lemonade and serve cold.
Tangerine Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 12 Drops doTERRA Tangerine Essential Oil
Mixed all ingredients and put in Ice Cream maker for 30 to 40 minutes
Cucumber Dill Tomato Salad
- Two Large Cucumbers
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- drizzle of olive oil
- Season Salt
- Dill Weed fresh if available
- doTERRA Dill Essential Oil
- Dice up cucumbers and tomatoes and mix together in a medium size bowl
- Season Veggies with Season Salt to taste
- Pour 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar over the veggies
- Shake Dill Weed over the vegetables stirring to make sure they get covered.
- Take a toothpick and dip inside the Dill essential oil or carefully pour one drop of essential oil onto the vegetables. Drizzle with some of olive oil to finish.
- Stir again and taste to see if extra seasoning is needed
- Refrigerate with a lid or cover
Black Bean Burgers with Basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans or 3 cups cooked black beans (drained and divided)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 2 drops dōTERRA Cilantro essential oil
- 2 drops dōTERRA Basil essential oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs (if gluten free use either GF bread crumbs, cooked brown rice or quinoa as a binder)
- Salt and pepper
1. Rinse and drain the beans.
2. Put 1/2 of rinsed beans (1.5 cups), yellow onion, garlic, red bell pepper, Cilantro and Basil essential oil, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
3. Combine with the remaining black beans and stir. If the mixture is too sticky, add more bread crumbs until it holds together.
4. Divide into 4 patties.
5. Heat skillet/grill on medium heat. Add olive oil.
6. Heat 6 minutes on each side. Be careful when you flip the burgers as they are very delicate.
7. While the burgers are cooking, cut up tomatoes, romaine lettuce, or other desired toppings.
8. Once the burger is cooked, put the burger on the bottom bun, top with lettuce, tomatoes, and desired condiments.